4 ways to register
- Register by mail. Enclose the registration form and check or money order made out to Waterloo Leisure Services and mail it to us at 1101 Campbell Ave., Waterloo, IA 50701.
Register by calling us at 291-4370.
7:00am-5:00pm, Mon.-Fri. Please have your VISA or MasterCard number and expiration date ready.
- Fax us at 291-4297 useing a VISA or MasterCard.
- Visit our office at 1101 Campbell Ave., 7:00am-5:00pm, Mon. through Fri.
FILLING OUT REGISTRATION FORMS
All grade levels refer to the grade currently in or just completed. For efficient service, please complete as much of the registration form as possible. Always use the same name for the adult every time you register. Be sure to list the activity registration number for both your first choice and second choice. You may register several children on the same form.
SPORTS PROGRAM REFUND POLICIES
- Refunds are issued in full if a class is full or cancelled by the Sports Department.
- Refunds for personal reasons must be submitted in writing. Approved refunds prior to the start of the program will be assessed a $5 administrative fee. Refunds approved after the first meeting will be charged a $10 administrative fee. Refunds for full or cancelled classes will not be assessed administrative fees.
- Additional charges (i.e., shirt uniform fees) will also be applied.
- Refunds for season pool passes will be assessed a $5 administrative fee prior to the opening of the pools for the season. Refunds will not be granted for season pool passes after the pools have opened for the season.
- All refunds will be mailed within three weeks.
- Refunds will only be made to the original payee of the registration.
- The Waterloo Leisure Services Department reserves the right to deny a request for a refund. If your request has been denied, you will be contacted by a staff member from the Leisure Services Department.
The Waterloo Leisure Services Department strives to have maximum participation in all of our recreational programs. However, the recent trend of numerous late registrations has forced us to adopt more stringent policies regarding late registrations. By accepting more registrations than the maximum numbers we can handle, we are decreasing the quality of the program for the children that were registered on time. For example, if a 3rd grade boys’ basketball team has a maximum of 8 players and 2 children are registered late and added to the team, the team would now have 10 players. This is a situation that is going to disrupt two important facets of our programming, a low coach/player ratio and a dramatic decrease in game participation time for all players.
Our department goes to great lengths to publicize all of our activities. We distribute all registration flyers through the Waterloo Public and Parochial Schools approximately 4 weeks prior to the programs first date. Usually 5-6 weeks before the program we mail registration forms to all eligible participants from the same program the year before. Also, we utilize the Waterloo Courier Sports Wrap Up section and the City Cable Access Station 15 as other avenues to publicize our programming. We also distribute our yearly Activities Brochure around spring break. If you have any questions about upcoming programs call our office at 291-4370.
ACCEPTANCE OF LATE REGISTRATIONS
Late registration requests will be accommodated until the day before the program begins, although choice of location/time cannot be guaranteed. Late registration requests that occur after the program has started can only be accommodated if there are openings in the program.
When participants register late for programs there are a number of additional expenses incurred by our department. Beginning in February 2004 the following city policy will take effect. All programs will have a registration deadline set one week before the first
meeting of the program. All registrations taken up to that deadline will be charged the regular registration fee. After the deadline there will be a $5.00 late fee assessed.
We will start waiting lists for all programs that are full. If we establish a waiting list large enough to justify another class or team prior to the second meeting of the program we will begin another class or team.
The larger the car pool the more difficult it becomes to schedule games and keep the level of talent on teams equal from one team to the next. As a result, requests will be limited to 3 people per car pool. If a child is listed on more than one car pool we will contact the parents to see in which car pool the child needs to be included. Please note, there are no car pools in the AAA or Major League Baseball/Softball Programs.
TOGETHER WE PLAY
If you or a family member have special needs and would like to participate in a program, we will be happy to make accommodations to meet your or your child’s needs. If you would like information regarding accommodations for participants in our programs, contact the “Together We Play” coordinator at the Family YMCA, 233-3531.
Discounted admission tickets to Lost Island Water Park, Six Flags - St. Louis, Noah’s Ark, Adventureland, and Valley Fair are available at the Leisure Services office during business hours. Ticket prices.