Pat Bowlsby Off-Leash Dog Park
The Pat Bowlsby Off-Leash Dog Park opened on June 12, 2009.This 5 acre park is named for the woman who worked tirelessly to make the project come to life. 125 donors contributed over $48,000 to construct the park. Additional features have been added since the opening.
Daily fee $2 or annual fee $15
(tags available at Clerk’s Office, Waterloo City Hall)
Park Features include:
- Separate areas for large dogs and small dogs
- Shelter structures in each area
- Picnic tables and benches
- Canine / owner drinking fountain in each area
- Paved entry point and walkways
- Paved parking lot
- Biodegradable waste bags and waste receptacle on site
- Accessible portable restroom on site
- Large shade trees throughout the park
- No unattended dogs allowed.
- Dogs must be removed at the first sign of aggression.
- Dog owners must pick up all dog waste and dispose of waste in designated receptacle near entrance.
- Dogs must have current vaccinations to utilize park.
- Children must be at least 6 years of age and have adult supervision at all times.
- No more that 2 dogs allowed per person.
- A leash must be carried for each dog at all times.
- All holes dug by dogs must be filled by owner.
- The following items are prohibited in the park: food, bones, rawhide (except training treats),prong or spike collars
- Dogs in heat not allowed in park
- Dogs under age of 4 months not allowed in park
- Park open dawn to dusk